Together with customers, architects, and other partners, Ahrend furnishes environments in which people are encouraged to perform to the best of their ability. Ahrend ensures that people can work and learn professionally, productively and pleasantly in attractive, functional and sustainable working, learning and living environments in which people are key.
Ahrend design is functional and ergonomically where form follows function and aesthetics. Some of our major furniture lines have a Cradle to Cradle® certification, where Ahrend 2020 is a great example.
The Ahrend 2020 chair consists of 100% recyclable materials, defined for the technical and biological cycle. It stores a completely new technical platform with several patents and invisible technique. The Ahrend 2020 is the new standard as regards sustainability, comfort and ergonomics. This is why Ahrend guarantees a residual value on the chair, even after ten years of use.
- Designed for Ahrend Next Life program Re_fresh, Re_fit, Re_use, Re_cycle
- Easy replacement of upholstery parts by clamping mechanism. No glue or screw connections
- Cross Foot of secondary aluminum is recycled after use, high quality.
- Cradle to Cradle® certified upholstery
- Contains no chrome or other materials that have a negative impact on the environment.
Ahrend has received the Cradle to Cradle® Company award in March 2011 by Michael Braungart and William McDonough. Four product series have been Cradle to Cradle® Certified (Chairs: Ahrend 230, Ahrend 250, Ahrend 2020 and table system Ahrend 500 ).
We operate according to ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and EMAS management systems and we use wood from responsible forest management (PEFC and FSC certified).